We all suffer from this disorder at least once in our lifetime. Yes–anxiety! It can affect us all at least once in our lifetime.
Life is not just lush highs and happiness, life can also be challenging, stressful and “not fare”. Anxiety can occur because of a variety of different factors, such as:
• stress from personal relationships, friendships, marriage or divorce
• stress due to finances
• stress from school or work
• recurrent and constant feelings of nervousness or restlessness sleep disturbances;
• stress from trauma-death of a loved one
• an event like physical or mental abuse and more
Experiencing these emotions is “considered” normal, as we all struggle with everyday dilemmas in our lives. Without situations like this, we will never be able to learn how to overcome problems.
However, if the physical and overwhelming emotional symptoms of anxiety persist, could be a sign of potentially devastating condition:
• eating disorders
• stomach pain / abdominal cramps or chronic gastrointestinal problems
• constant substance abuse
• panic attacks, phobias
• separation anxiety
• muscle tension/pain
• sleep disturbances
• difficulty swallowing / dry mouth
• increased heart rate/ shortness of breath or hyperventilation and more
How to prevent anxiety?
You need to train your mind to reduce negative thoughts and embrace lifestyle changes. You can do this by:
• Take a big breath-learn how to breathe!- Deep and proper breathing can assist in reducing feelings of anxiety, by activating your body’s relaxing stage
• Start meditating/listen to relaxation techniques ( train your thoughts, and your subconscious mind to eliminate negative feelings )
• Get regular exercise– like walking, swimming, yoga therapy etc.
• Talk to a friend or someone close to you about your situation not hesitate to communicate – get help
• Maintain a regular sleep pattern (keep your phone out of your sleeping zone; use of 100% pure aromatherapy oils e.g a room diffuser next to your bed, can be a great help to assist you in falling asleep & wake- up refreshed- apart from lavender, vetiver, lemongrass oil is a valuable oil to use in aromatherapy. The clean and calming aroma of the oil can reduce sadness and anxious feelings, relieve restlessness and occasional sleeplessness, and help you to relax).; aromatherapy massage; topical application of the oils. Various essential oils have great healing properties against many conditions.
• Incorporate and follow a healthy eating plan – (do not call this a diet!). This healthy and moderate, high quality fresh and organic grown ( NOT GMO) fruit and vegetable eating habits must become part of your life
• Reduce consumption of any food toxins including SUGAR ( added almost to every single product on the planet- read the labels)
• supplements are a great help: please always pay attention to the labels and consult your doctor before you take any medication. Vitamin B3 ( niacin – NOT NIACINAMIDE ) it’s a “happy pill “. I recommend taking a B Complex supplement for the whole body benefits unless Vitamin B3 is prescribed by the doctor. If you would like to know more about Vitamin B3 and how to use it please click here.
• flotation water therapy
There is always conventional medicine but choose your treatments wisely. Conventional recommendations can cause further damage to your body. Antidepressants can negatively affect your health- ruin your life in a long run.
If you or someone you know has an anxiety disorder, remember that you are not alone. Point them here to the journey of how to fight anxiety.
Communicate, seek help immediately and learn how to heal the ” open wound”.